Refurbished Remote control General Electric 80 ton locomotive
This GE 80 ton locomotive has been the workhorse of small industry
With center cab for excellent visibility, the 80 tonner is capable of moving up to 20 loaded rail cars on fairly flat and straight track
This unit was built in 1952 and has been refurbished and rebuilt, featuring:
* Twin rebuilt Cummins NT 855 engines with about 1000 hours
* The traction motors are General Electric 5GE 747D1, Model MS20
* The Generators are General Electric Model 5 GT 569 B1
* GA 22 gearbox
* Special cold weather heating for easy winter starts
* Deadman operators switch for fail safe operations
* Excellent cosmetic condition, with more pictures available
* Unit has remote control that requires some work to be brought back into operation
* June 2015 we replaced 2 traction motors with 1 RTO and 1 we had rebuilt.
* July 2015 the unit was inspected and had a service.
Located in Canada